I’ve had plenty of moments in my life where I later seriously wonder about my decision making skills.
Like the time that I urinated on the side of a police car, chuckling all the while, not aware that there were police inside. Or the time that I walked across a bridge at night, on its handrail.
So I sympathise with the guy in the video below, but that doesn’t mean that I haven’t viewed it at least half a dozen times, laughing and wincing each time. I’m not sure if there was alcohol involved but I hope so, cos you’d need something to take away this serious case of numb butt.
Check it out below.
Still on ice, the video below is a TED talk from renown photographer Paul Nicklen, speaking passionately about his work and his workplace, the Arctic and its inhabitants.
While the talk focuses on generating global awareness about wildlife in these isolated and endangered environments, he also tells a great story about getting up and close with the much-feared leopard seal, finding an extraordinary new friend in the process.
While the talk below is worth it for his environmental message, the work he shows of the polar wonderlands he visits and captures are simply amazing. Today’s must see.
I’m a total sucker for a good time-lapse, and Reid Gower took his time to make sure this one was excellent.
Shooting winding highways and towering skyscrapers, his first time-lapse blew my mind to the new meaning of natural phenomenas.
Check it out below.
We’ve all made fools of ourselves, yet not all of us have had the misfortune to do so on national television. While very UK & US centric, here’s about 13-minutes worth of those moments.
In the western world, diabetes is becoming more and more of a serious issue as our consumption of sugary drinks and fatty foods continues to rise. While we all know we should eat healthier, it is extremely tempting to grab a burger and wolf it down (especially if its 3am and you’re rotten drunk) mainly because they taste so damn good.
I haven’t seen many ads telling people to eat healthy, mainly because when they do feature, they come across as extremely preachy. However this ad from the US is different, telling the story of a family of animated bears who are addicted to eating badly and the results of those decisions. The story is no doubt taking a not so subtle shot at the Coca Cola bear family, but the message is clear, well told and the omission of audio (apart from sound effects and catchy soundtrack) allows a compelling story to be told.
Check it out below and then visit the Real Bears website for more info. Its a goodie.
- Tuesday 20th November – Hair on fire, Dumb ways to die, Mr. Robot Hand, Playing with my friends and Red Bull’s Athlete Machine
- Wednesday 31st October – LOL at the pussies, Cannon Ball VS Car, The Adventures of Bunker 42, Iron Man 3 & Octobers Fail Compilation
- Friday 19th October – Bombing Ice = Busted Ass, Some amazing arctic imagery, An outstanding time lapse vid, Game Show Fails & a Health message with a twist
- Monday 15th October – Falling 24 Miles to Earth, Upside down head sheep, How text messages work, The World’s fastest pram & French bees do the craziest things
- Tuesday 2nd October – Best proposal ever, One Sexy Comet Beast, How Hot Does Stuff Get, RC Helicopter vs. the world & and Incredible Truck Crash (happy ending)
Find it here: